Sunday, May 22, 2011

What do I dislike about Berlin? The wind.

There are times when I look at wetter.de and see something like 20 degrees or above and it's like 'wow. finally summer.'. But then, when I apparently look at the wind speed, it's like 'hmm.. well...'.

I believe that Berlin doesn't have the nicest weather in Europe (from the sounds of it, London seems to be some sort of worse with all those rains and such but still). I can't actually say much about it, remembering that I haven't been much around Europe but from nearly all my life in such tropical land as Indonesia (especially in Jakarta) and about 1 year 2 months here, the weather is such a thing to complained about.

In Indonesia, of course, it is nearly always sunny. The weather is humid with approximately 30 degrees Celcius and occasional rain. Most of all, the wind speed doesn't surpass 15 km/h (even rarely above 10 km/h) which means that when it's sunny, it really is some sort of hot and hot and hot (I'm not exaggerating, it truly is with all the gas polution).

Here in Berlin, Germany, it is totally different. It has four seasons which means that nearly (in this case, more than) half of the year, the weather can be unbelieveably unfriendly. I don't really like such a warm (in this case, hot) weather as in Indonesia, but I do like some sort of mild weather (something like cloudy and sunny being mixed together). And that kind (or maybe all kind) of 'nice' weather is hard to find here.

As in today, it's one of the pretty nice days to experience in Berlin. The sun shone, the wind blew quite nicely, but eventually, it ended with a really cloudy sky and finally, the rain poured down.

Actually, it's okay to rain but the wind always seems to blow so strong that most of the time, using an umbrella is pointless (hmm.. I don't actually use those highly priced umbrellas, so I don't really know whether those kind are of no use or not).

Maybe it's actually okay to rain with that style of wind, but is it okay to rain and stop and rain again through just around minutes of interval? It really is annoying. Sometimes when I'm in luck, I can easily get through the rain with alacrity. But when I'm not, the rain will simply pour down heavily out of no where and then simply stop when I arrive at home.

Anyway, back about the wind, there're sunny days in this time of the year, but still, one should really notice the wind speed and such (whether it will rain or just cloudy) and even though umbrella seems to be of no use, one should actually bring it when the weather forecast stated that it will rain. There may be also times when people tend to use shorts or something sleeveless on a sunny day, but it might be better to bring an extra jacket (rain jacket) or jeans when one will stay out till late at night.

No comments: